Are you interested in caring for children in your own home? If so, then the ‘Quality Awareness Programme’ (Introduction to Childminding Workshop) is for you.
These relaxed & friendly workshops are packed with relevant, essential & useful information to support you in providing a quality homebased childcare setting for children.
The Workshops Include:
- An invaluable, easy to understand overview of Child Development
- A step by step guide to the business side of Childminding
- How to best meet the needs of the children in your care
- Up to date information on relevant legislation and how it supports you
- Supports in developing good practice through the guidance of simple policies & procedures
- Communication skills to enhance working relationships between childminders and parents
- Play – a comprehensive insight into how and why children play
The workshop is delivered over a weekend. It is an opportunity for people with an interest in childcare to meet others who are thinking of setting up their own business or to talk to those who have already done so and want to gain further information and support.
This is not an accredited course but participants do receive a certificate of participation.
The cost to participate in the workshop is €10.
The workshops will take place as follows:
Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th October from 10am – 4pm at Kerry County Childcare office, Tralee
For further information or to reserve a place on the workshop please contact: Denise on (066) 7181582 / (087) 9676603 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org