Below are 3 support documents developed for the Early Years when Developing a Child Safeguarding Statement.
Below is a useful resource for Developing a Child Protection & Welfare Policy
Below are some resources that may be useful for services:
- 5 Steps to Prepare for Mandatory Reporting
- E-Learning : Introduction to Children First. Everyone in the sector including all owners, boards of management and early years staff are being asked to complete this online course which provides introductory information on child protection and mandated reporting.
- This short video that introduces the e-learning module is Facebook/Twitter friendly. The video can be found here: https://youtu.be/HjitN5EWQvo. It covers what is in the module.
- The E-learning course can be accessed through either of these links : http://www.tusla.ie/children-first/children-first-e-learning-programme or http://childrenfirstuniversal.hseland.ie/
- Always Children First Child Protection Training: The e-learning module is an introductory course on child protection and includes information on mandated reporting. In addition to this early years services will continue to be offered child protection training through the Childcare Committees – Always Children First will be updated and training delivery will start in March, 2018.