Introduction to Childminding – Quality Awareness Programme
The Quality Awareness Programme is an introductory childcare course developed by Kerry County Childcare Committee. It is delivered over two days to Childminders and to parents who would like to know more when sourcing childminding care for their children. The main objectives of the workshop are to create awareness among participants of the following:
- The needs of the Child / Child Development.
- Protection of the Child / Relevant Legislation.
- The need for good procedures and working relationships between childminders and parents.
- Assisting with Early Skills Development.
- The importance of play for young children.
- Creating appropriate play and learning experiences for young children.
- Creating and maintaining a rich play/learning environment in the home.
- Hygiene, Health and Safety in a home environment.
This is not an accredited course but participants do receive a certificate of participation. The cost to participate in the workshop is €10.
There are no dates set for training at present
For further information please contact: Denise on (066) 7181582 / (087) 9676603 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Children First — Child Protection Workshop for Childminders
Like all other childcare providers, Childminders need to be aware of child protection issues. The ‘Always Children First’ workshop is designed by Tusla and delivered by Kerry CCC staff to childcare providers in Kerry. The aim of the workshop is to raise Childminders awareness of child protection issues that may relate to them. Participants on the workshop will:
- Gain an overview of the legal context on child protection.
- Have a better understanding of the term abuse and awareness of who can abuse.
- Have an awareness of the signs and symptoms of child abuse.
- Will be able to develop guidelines on how to deal with disclosures and developing their own child protection policy.
Attendees receive a certificate of participation.
Due to changes in Children First legislation, Always Children First workshops are on hold at present.
Financial Management Workshop
Are you having difficulty sorting out your finances at the end of every month? Are you aware of the types of expenses that you can write off against you tax bill at the end of the year? Do you want to register as self employed but don’t know how to do so? Do you have questions about tax? Do you want to avail of the €15,000 tax exemption for childminders? Will income from childminding affect your social welfare payments? If you need answers to the above questions then you may be interested in attending our Financial Management workshop. This workshop has been developed by Kerry County Childcare Committee specifically for childminders.
Early Skills Development
This workshop focuses on early skills development from birth – 5 years. There are many things you can do to help your child develop their talking and listening skills. You can give them a good start in life so that they will become confident readers and writers and have an awareness of maths in everyday life.
The workshop will give childminders and parents some ideas of things to do in the home to help in the development of children’s early language skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing, and their early numeracy skills. All participants will receive a resource pack to use in their childcare setting. Each resource pack contains the following:
- Read & write Together (3-5 yrs)
- Count & Figure it out Together (3-5 yrs)
- Read with Me (3-8 yrs)
- Talk & Listen Together (birth—3 yrs)
First Aid Training
Kerry County Childcare no longer organise First Aid training, we refer childcare providers to an external trainer, please contact us on 066 7181582 for a list of training providers.
For further information on any of the workshops above or to request a booking form, please contact Denise on: Tel: 066 7181582 / Mobile: 087 9676603 / Email: email@example.com