I’m a childminder do I need insurance?

It is recommended that all childminders should have adequate insurance.

Home:  Specific Childminding Insurance is available through Childminding Ireland  or contact them on 01 2878466. Some home insurance companies will also amend existing policies to cover the care of children within your home.  As with all insurance policies familiarise yourself with the policy to be satisfied that it provides the cover that you need.

Car:  When taking children in your car, it is recommended that childminders contact their car insurance company to confirm that they have adequate insurance cover.