Kerry County Childcare Committee are pleased to announce that our local Jobs Board is back! Kerry County Childcare Committee recognize and support the importance of a strong and professional staff team in the delivery of high-quality early years care and education for the benefit of the children in your service.
If you would like an upcoming vacancy to be included on this Jobs Board, please send to Kathryn O’Donnell via email email@example.com Please remember to include: the title of the position, duties involved, qualifications required, and experience needed for the role, preferred method of application and contact details, as well as the closing date for applications.
Should you require support around recruitment and HR in your service please contact Kathryn O’Donnell, Support & Development Officer on and 0872751760. or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking to secure employment in the early years sector in Kerry, and if you need to verify your qualification is suitable for working in an Early years’ service, please see the details and links below: Is my qualification suitable for working in an Early Years’ Service? Under the Early Years Services Regulations all staff members must hold a recognised minimum qualification at QQI level 5 or above. The DCYA recognised qualifications list is the most comprehensive list currently available at DCEDIY Early Years Recognised Qualifications) If you can’t find your qualification, then the procedure for applying to have your qualification recognised is in the link here:
Application Form: Qualification Recognition for work in the Early Learning and Care sector in Ireland which you can do by filling in the application form. If you are unsure or have any questions, please contact us on 0667181582
Please note that any queries, job applications or CV’s are to go DIRECTLY to the Service that is recruiting NOT to Kerry CCC ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Job Vacancies in Kerry
Milltown Childcare Centre
Early Years Practitioner
Minimum FETAC Level 5 major Award
Hardworking and ability to work as part of a team
Provide Care & Education and work with a variety of ages
Assist with planning, observation and cleaning
Position subject to Garda Vetting
Send Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 30/07/2021
|Little Learners Preschool|
|– Position: Relief worker –
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Name of Service: Cahereen Heights Childcare Location: Castleisland, Co. Kerry Position: Full Time Childcare Assistant Hours: Full Time Monday to Friday Duties: Working in our creche & afterschool service Qualifications: Minimum Level 5 in Early Childhood Care and Education Method of Application: Email only, cv required Closing Date: N/a Service Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org 085-8347715 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Name of Service: Cahereen Heights Childcare Location: Castleisland, Co. Kerry Position: Part Time Childcare Assistant Hours: 20 to 30 hours per week Duties: Working in our creche & afterschool service Qualifications: Minimum Level 5 in Early Childhood Care and Education Method of Application: Email only, cv required Closing Date: N/a Service Contact Details: email@example.com 085-8347715 _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Name of Service: Wise Owl After School Club Location: Tralee Position: Room Leader Assistant Hours: Part Time Duties: Working with School Age Children, planning daily routine, organizing activities for children, school collections, helping with homework, helping Room leader with daily activities, workshops, and games. Method of Application: CV and Cover Letter Closing date: None Service Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Toni’s Childcare Service Location: Killerisk Tralee Position: Early Years Educator Hours: Full Time Duties: Montessori and Creche Qualifications: QQI Level 5 minimum Method of Application: E mail Closing Date: None Service Contact Details: email@example.com _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Childsplay Childcare Centre, Ardfert
Childsplay in Ardfert, is currently seeking a caring, enthusiastic and energetic Childcare Assistant. We provide quality care for children aged 6months to 15 years. Applicants will need a FETAC/QQI Level 5. There will be training and support provided. Potential future opportunities within our centre for Childcare Assistants to move up the ladder if they wish to do so and to other positions or age groups e.g. toddlers, preschool, afterschool. Desired skills are good communication skills, time management, patience, working on own initiative, being able to work as part of a team and most importantly a passion for working with children
Please send all applications to Childsplay.firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Childsplay Childcare, Sackville, Ardfert, Co. Kerry, V92 EN12.
Successful candidates will need to provide 2 references and complete a Garda vetting form ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Little Voyager’s Childcare, Ardfert
JOB TITLE: CHILDCARE PRACTITIONER, MINIMUM FETAC LEVEL 5 QUALIFICATION Responsible to: Childcare Manager, as appointed by Board of Management, or any other staff member as appointed by the Manager and Board. Hours of Work: Flexible between 07.30-18.00 Contract type: 1 year Full time (39 hours/week) Salary: To be agreed as is dependent on qualifications and experience. Probationary Period: 6 months This organisation is managed by a Voluntary Board of Management
- Ensuring a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual education and care for children placed in the service.
- Support to the other personnel within the childcare service
- Support the Manager with the day-to-day running of the childcare service in terms of administration.
- Support the manager and staff in providing a varied and stimulating programme, which includes curriculum development that meets the needs of the children.
- Assist with the organisation and day to day running of the childcare service by developing an effective routine.
- To be responsible, along with the staff team, for developing and reviewing an effective system of communication between parents and staff.
- To assist the staff team and the Manager with setting and implementing objectives and policies for the childcare service.
- Ensure adult/child interaction is of an excellent standard.
- To assist in formulating a daily routine for the children this offers a wide variety of activities, but allows for flexibility as the situation/occasion/child demands. The activities offered must allow the children to experience creative, imaginative, manipulative, social and physical play. The children should be given the opportunity to play with natural materials and other age appropriate materials and equipment.
- To assist in the preparation of forward planning for each session and ensuring that any preparatory work is carried out and also to ensure progression of play throughout the year. To ensure the play areas are well equipped and ready for the children when they arrive.
- To assess each individual child’s needs within the group and to plan to meet these needs. This will involve listening to, encouraging, stimulating and enabling all children as appropriate in the childcare setting.
- To be responsible for the safety of the children and for the hygiene of the childcare premises/areas.
- To assist in the responsibility for keeping all the childcare records up to date. In association with the Manager, childcare practioners will ensure that all relevant records, policies and guidelines are in place and are being adhered to.
- To comply with TUSLA regulations and other relevant policies and legislation. To remain updated on childcare legislation.
- To encourage the active participation of all parents using the childcare service and to ensure that they are kept fully informed of their child’s overall development and of their group activities.
- To assist the manager in providing support to the childcare team. This will take the form of attending and participating in regular staff meetings, daily debriefings, planning and evaluation sessions.
- To assist manager in supporting volunteers/students on placement in the childcare service.
- To attend regular support and supervision sessions with the Manager.
- Advice the Manager of all matters requiring his/her attention, including duty of care issues, Children’s First issues, breech of policies and procedures, special events, fundraising, outings etc.
- Promoting a positive profile of this childcare service and its work.
- Liaising and networking positively with relevant local, regional and national voluntary, community and statutory agencies/organisations, as required.
- Attend all staff meetings and other relevant meetings and training/courses as directed by the Manager and Board of Management.
- Keep strictly confidential any personal information regarding all service users, their families and/or other circumstances that the childcare practioner learns as part of their day-to-day job. In the interest of child safety the childcare practioner must inform the Manager of any relevant information regarding a service user attending the childcare service.
- Carry out other relevant duties and responsibilities as requested by the Manager and Board of Management.
- Adhere to ALL policies and procedures of Little Voyagers Childcare, including Child Protection, Health & Safety and Confidentiality.
Please email CV & Cover letter to: Littlevoyagersardfert@gmail.com Or post to Little voyagers childcare, Ardfert, Kerry, V92 HOFE. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Disclaimer: Please note: Kerry CCC will delete/shred any unsolicited CV’s received either by email or in hard copy. This page is hosted by the Kerry CCC. The role is purely as a host, please see contact details for each job vacancy advertised, below. Kerry County Childcare Committee provide this Job’s Board as a community service. While the job posts are monitored, we cannot recommend or endorse any entry that has been submitted.