Kerry County Childcare Committee are pleased to announce that our local Jobs Board is back!
Kerry County Childcare Committee recognize and support the importance of a strong and professional staff team in the delivery of high-quality early years care and education for the benefit of the children in your service.
If you would like an upcoming vacancy to be included on this Jobs Board, please send to Kathryn O’Donnell via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember to include: the title of the position, duties involved, qualifications required, and experience needed for the role, preferred method of application and contact details, as well as the closing date for applications.
Should you require support around recruitment and HR in your service please contact Kathryn O’Donnell, Support & Development Officer on and 0872751760. or at email@example.com
If you are looking to secure employment in the early years sector in Kerry, and if you need to verify your qualification is suitable for working in an Early years’ service, please see the details and links below:
Is my qualification suitable for working in an Early Years’ Service?
Under the Early Years Services Regulations all staff members must hold a recognised minimum qualification at QQI level 5 or above. The DCYA recognised qualifications list is the most comprehensive list currently available and : DCYA Early Years Recognised Qualifications – df4fce5e-e6d0-4524-bfc3-10139c009c09.pdf (www.gov.ie)
If you can’t find your qualification, then the procedure for applying to have your qualification recognised is in the link here: https://www.gov.ie/en/service/000073-recognition-of-an-early-years-qualification/ which you can do by filling in the application form. If you are unsure or have any questions, please contact us on 0667181582
Please not that any job applications or CV’s are to go DIRECTLY to the Service that is recruiting NOT to Kerry CCC
Job Vacancies in Kerry
First Step Childcare, Listry, Faha, Killarney
Wish to recruit for
Part Time Childcare Practitioner
To join our team.
We are a busy childcare service that cater for children aged between 6 months and 12 years.
This position that is currently available will be in our Crèche Room and will begin as part time with the option of a Full Time position in the near future.
- Candidates must hold a professional childcare qualification.
- A major award in childcare/early years education at a minimum FETAC level 5, but preferable level 6, 7 or 8 and qualification must be on the National Framework of Qualifications of Ireland (NFQ) or an equivalent nationally recognised qualification.
- Candidates must hold an up to date First Aid Certificate, Child Protection Certificate, Manual Handling and be willing to complete a Garda Vetting Form.
- Previous experience of working with and caring for children is essential.
CVs with a detailed cover letter should be returned no later than February 12th 2021 and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them to The Manager, at the above address.
Interviews will be arranged. Short listing will take place and a panel formed for future positions.
First Step Childcare Centre is managed by a voluntary management committee under the directorship of Listry Community Council CLG.
Listry Community Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Toni’s Childcare Service
Location: Killerisk Tralee
Position: Early Years Educator
Hours: Full Time
Duties: Montessori and Creche
Qualifications: QQI Level 5 minimum
Method of Application: E mail
Closing Date: None
Service Contact Details: email@example.com
Childsplay Childcare Centre, Ardfert
Childsplay in Ardfert, is currently seeking a caring, enthusiastic and energetic Childcare Assistant. We provide quality care for children aged 6months to 15 years. Applicants will need a FETAC/QQI Level 5. There will be training and support provided. Potential future opportunities within our centre for Childcare Assistants to move up the ladder if they wish to do so and to other positions or age groups e.g. toddlers, preschool, afterschool.
Desired skills are good communication skills, time management, patience, working on own initiative, being able to work as part of a team and most importantly a passion for working with children
Please send all applications to Childsplay.firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Childsplay Childcare, Sackville, Ardfert, Co. Kerry, V92 EN12.
Successful candidates will need to provide 2 references and complete a Garda vetting form
Nai Ionad Na Cille Ltd, Castledrum, Castlemaine, Co. Kerry V93 R6VA
Position: Early Years Practitioner – Maternity Leave Cover
Hours: 40 hours Full-time
Duties: Duties include working with children across all areas of the service, Crèche, Junior and Senior Preschool and after school.
Qualifications: A minimum QQI Level 5 Major Award in Early Childhood Care and Education (or equivalent recognised qualification) or higher award recognised on the National Framework of Qualifications of Ireland. (NFQ) is essential.
Method of Application: email CV – email@example.com or post Georgina Diver, Nai Ionad Na Cille, Castledrum, Castlemaine, Co. Kerry. V93 R6Va
Closing Date :19th February 2021
Service Contact Details: 066-9766005/0879281181
Firies Community Childcare Centre Ltd.
Are recruiting for the post of
AIM Worker with Lamh Training for Preschool Setting
Start Date: March 2021
Candidates should have a professional qualification in childcare. A major award in childcare/early education at a minimum of level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications of Ireland (NFQ) or an equivalent nationally recognized qualification and previous experience of working with or caring for children. All Applications should include at least one employment reference and must be childcare related.
Applications should be forwarded to:
FIRIES COMMUNITY CHILDCARE CENTRE LTD.
CHURCH ROAD, FIRIES, KILLARNEY, CO.KERRY, PHONE 087 960 6089
Applications should be returned no later than 6pm on Monday 1st of March 2021
Short listing will take place and a panel will be formed for future positions.
Interviews will be held on Friday the 5th March 2021
Firies Community Childcare Centre Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer and is managed by a voluntary management committee.
Little Voyager’s Childcare, Ardfert
JOB TITLE: CHILDCARE PRACTITIONER, MINIMUM FETAC LEVEL 5 QUALIFICATION
Responsible to: Childcare Manager, as appointed by Board of Management, or any other staff member as appointed by the Manager and Board.
Hours of Work: Flexible between 07.30-18.00
Contract type: 1 year
Full time (39 hours/week)
Salary: To be agreed as is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Probationary Period: 6 months
This organisation is managed by a Voluntary Board of Management
- Ensuring a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual education and care for children placed in the service.
- Support to the other personnel within the childcare service
- Support the Manager with the day-to-day running of the childcare service in terms of administration.
- Support the manager and staff in providing a varied and stimulating programme, which includes curriculum development that meets the needs of the children.
- Assist with the organisation and day to day running of the childcare service by developing an effective routine.
- To be responsible, along with the staff team, for developing and reviewing an effective system of communication between parents and staff.
- To assist the staff team and the Manager with setting and implementing objectives and policies for the childcare service.
- Ensure adult/child interaction is of an excellent standard.
- To assist in formulating a daily routine for the children this offers a wide variety of activities, but allows for flexibility as the situation/occasion/child demands. The activities offered must allow the children to experience creative, imaginative, manipulative, social and physical play. The children should be given the opportunity to play with natural materials and other age appropriate materials and equipment.
- To assist in the preparation of forward planning for each session and ensuring that any preparatory work is carried out and also to ensure progression of play throughout the year. To ensure the play areas are well equipped and ready for the children when they arrive.
- To assess each individual child’s needs within the group and to plan to meet these needs. This will involve listening to, encouraging, stimulating and enabling all children as appropriate in the childcare setting.
- To be responsible for the safety of the children and for the hygiene of the childcare premises/areas.
- To assist in the responsibility for keeping all the childcare records up to date. In association with the Manager, childcare practioners will ensure that all relevant records, policies and guidelines are in place and are being adhered to.
- To comply with TUSLA regulations and other relevant policies and legislation. To remain updated on childcare legislation.
- To encourage the active participation of all parents using the childcare service and to ensure that they are kept fully informed of their child’s overall development and of their group activities.
- To assist the manager in providing support to the childcare team. This will take the form of attending and participating in regular staff meetings, daily debriefings, planning and evaluation sessions.
- To assist manager in supporting volunteers/students on placement in the childcare service.
- To attend regular support and supervision sessions with the Manager.
- Advice the Manager of all matters requiring his/her attention, including duty of care issues, Children’s First issues, breech of policies and procedures, special events, fundraising, outings etc.
- Promoting a positive profile of this childcare service and its work.
- Liaising and networking positively with relevant local, regional and national voluntary, community and statutory agencies/organisations, as required.
- Attend all staff meetings and other relevant meetings and training/courses as directed by the Manager and Board of Management.
- Keep strictly confidential any personal information regarding all service users, their families and/or other circumstances that the childcare practioner learns as part of their day-to-day job. In the interest of child safety the childcare practioner must inform the Manager of any relevant information regarding a service user attending the childcare service.
- Carry out other relevant duties and responsibilities as requested by the Manager and Board of Management.
- Adhere to ALL policies and procedures of Little Voyagers Childcare, including Child Protection, Health & Safety and Confidentiality.
Please email CV & Cover letter to:
Or post to
Little voyagers childcare, Ardfert, Kerry, V92 HOFE.
Please note: Kerry CCC will delete/shred any unsolicited CV’s received either by email or in hard copy. This page is hosted by the Kerry CCC. The role is purely as a host, please see contact details for each job vacancy advertised, below.
Kerry County Childcare Committee provide this Job’s Board as a community service. While the job posts are monitored, we cannot recommend or endorse any entry that has been submitted.