Kerry County Childcare Committee are pleased to announce that our local Jobs Board is back! Kerry County Childcare Committee recognize and support the importance of a strong and professional staff team in the delivery of high-quality early years care and education for the benefit of the children in your service.
If you would like an upcoming vacancy to be included on this Jobs Board, please send to Kathryn O’Donnell via email email@example.com Please remember to include: the title of the position, duties involved, qualifications required, and experience needed for the role, preferred method of application and contact details, as well as the closing date for applications (Positions advertised will end after 30 days unless specified).
Should you require support around recruitment and HR in your service please contact Kathryn O’Donnell, Support & Development Officer 0872751760 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking to secure employment in the early years sector in Kerry, and if you need to verify your qualification is suitable for working in an Early years’ service, please see the details and links below:
Is my qualification suitable for working in an Early Years’ Service?
Under the Early Years Services Regulations all staff members must hold a recognised minimum qualification at QQI level 5 or above. The DCEDIY recognised qualifications list is the most comprehensive list currently available at DCEDIY Early Years Recognised Qualifications)
If you can’t find your qualification, then the procedure for applying to have your qualification recognised is in the link here: Application Form: Qualification Recognition for work in the Early Learning and Care sector in Ireland which you can do by filling in the application form.
Garda Vetting in Early Years Services.
Garda Vetting is a legal requirement for anyone undertaking “relevant work or activity”, as defined in the National Vetting Bureau (Children And Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012. The Act also creates offences and penalties for persons who fail to comply with its provisions.
The Barnardos’ Vetting Service can process your vetting applications for all categories of Early Years Services.
We can also process vetting applications for self-employed Childminders.
There is no fee for Early Years Services or Childminders for using this service.
For more detailed information on how to apply to process vetting and the stages of the vetting process please visit our website https://www.barnardos.ie/our-services/garda-vetting or email email@example.com or call us on 021 4547060.
Unfortunately we cannot process vetting applications for active current members of Early Childhood Ireland.
If you have Qualifications to work with young children from Birth to 6 years, and you would like to work in Ireland, please complete this short form. We will arrange an Information & Support Day to help you complete an application form to have your qualifications recognized officially by the Government, so you can apply for work here. Please complete this form in English; you might use a translation app such as https://itranslate.com/
Якщо ви маєте освіту для роботи з маленькими дітьми і хотіли би працювати за фахом в Ірландії, заповніть цю коротку форму. Ми організуємо день інформаційної підтримки, де допоможемо вам заповнити форму, щоб ваша кваліфікація була офіційно визнана урядом і ви могли подати заявку на роботу тут. Будь ласка, заповніть цю форму англійською мовою; Ви можете використовувати програму для перекладу, наприклад https://itranslate.com/
Please see link below to the questionnaire:
If you are unsure or have any questions, please contact us on 0667181582 Please note that any queries, job applications or CV’s are to go DIRECTLY to the Service that is recruiting NOT to Kerry CCC ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Job Vacancies in Kerry
At The Willow Tree Children’s Centre, we are looking for an AIM support worker to join our team. This is a fixed term contract with immediate start, Monday to Friday 9am to 12pm. Part time positions may become available in due course.
Successful applicants must have the following:
- Hold a minimum of Fetac Level 5 or equivalent childcare qualification. QQI Level 7/8 an advantage
- Ideally one year’s childcare experience and up to date first aid qualification
- Maintain professionalism in all aspects of childcare practice
- Be enthusiastic and dedicated to the provision of a high-quality childcare service
- Reliable and flexible on short notice
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to use their initiative, be friendly and work as part of a team
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing support to one child and promoting the inclusion and participation of all
- Maintaining a safe, healthy, hygienic childcare environment
- Working in partnership with children, parents and colleagues toward provision of a high-quality childcare and educational service
- Maintenance of professional records
- Adherence to company Policy, Procedure and Ethos
- Competitive Pay Scales
- Flexible Rosters to suit Work/Life Balance
- Free Training in First Aid and certain CPD courses
- Onsite Parking
Please apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Thursday 23rd March 2023. All applicants must be prepared to supply suitable character references and to complete a Garda vetting application form. Blennerville Community Playgroup Ltd. T/A The Willow Tree Children’s Centre is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Cahereen Heights Childcare are currently recruiting Early Years Educators due to increasing demand
To be successful for these position’s you must have:
- Qualifications in childcare (minimum QQI level 5), level 7/8 a bonus.
- A love for working with children from 6 months to 12 years of age in a fast paced, fun environment.
- Must be a calm person and be competent in dealing with varying behaviours.
- You will work on your own initiative and also work as part of a team in all aspects of the daily running of care rooms.
- Good communication skills are necessary, as you will be communicating with children and parents/guardians on a daily basis.
- Desire to work with a large supportive team.
- A dedication to the children in their care, complying with all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time/part time
Wage: €13.00-€15.50 per hour
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Please contact Katie on 066 7143100 or email application to email@example.com
NA LEANAI CHILDCARE CENTRE
We are currently recruiting for Full-Time & Part-Time Childcare Practitioners who will be caring for children from 5 months to 5 years.
- To ensure a safe, secure and healthy environment for the care, safety and welfare of the children.
- Actively engage the children in developmentally appropriate learning activities to facilitate the potential development of each child.
- Promote and help maintain an organised, clean, safe, well equipped and culturally sensitive learning environment
- Observe and record children’s progress
- To communicate effectively with children, parents and staff alike.
Qualifications & Experience:
In order to be successful in this position the applicant must have:
- Minimum FETAC Level 5 Childcare qualification or equivalent
- Level 7 or Level 8 would be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
Job Type: Full-time & part time positions
Salary: €13.60-€14.50 per hour
Benefits: On-site parking
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: Causeway, Tralee, Co. Kerry V92 YW73
Start Date: June 2023
We will try our best to reply to every applicant, however occasionally due to the number of applicants we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not, please do feel free to send your CV again for future positions
Apply: with C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: Teresa or Louise on 066 7148898 for more information
Sunny Days Montessori Tralee is looking for an AIM support worker for the months of May and June and also for the next preschool year Sept ’23 to June ’24.
Candidates must have QQI/FETAC Level 5 qualification in Childcare.
A minimum of 1 years experience working with children with additional needs is essential.
Candidates should also be patient, reliable and have an interest in the care and education of young children.
Please email CV to email@example.com
Disclaimer: Please note: Kerry CCC will delete/shred any unsolicited CV’s received either by email or in hard copy. This page is hosted by Kerry CCC. The role is purely as a host, please see contact details for each job vacancy advertised. While the job posts are monitored, we cannot recommend or endorse any entry that has been submitted.