Kerry County Childcare Committee are pleased to announce that our local Jobs Board is back! Kerry County Childcare Committee recognize and support the importance of a strong and professional staff team in the delivery of high-quality early years care and education for the benefit of the children in your service.
If you would like an upcoming vacancy to be included on this Jobs Board, please send to Kathryn O’Donnell via email firstname.lastname@example.org Please remember to include: the title of the position, duties involved, qualifications required, and experience needed for the role, preferred method of application and contact details, as well as the closing date for applications (Positions advertised will end after a month unless specified).
Should you require support around recruitment and HR in your service please contact Kathryn O’Donnell, Support & Development Officer 0872751760 or email@example.com
If you are looking to secure employment in the early years sector in Kerry, and if you need to verify your qualification is suitable for working in an Early years’ service, please see the details and links below:
Is my qualification suitable for working in an Early Years’ Service?
Under the Early Years Services Regulations all staff members must hold a recognised minimum qualification at QQI level 5 or above. The DCEDIY recognised qualifications list is the most comprehensive list currently available at DCEDIY Early Years Recognised Qualifications)
If you can’t find your qualification, then the procedure for applying to have your qualification recognised is in the link here: Application Form: Qualification Recognition for work in the Early Learning and Care sector in Ireland which you can do by filling in the application form.
If you have Qualifications to work with young children from Birth to 6 years, and you would like to work in Ireland, please complete this short form. We will arrange an Information & Support Day to help you complete an application form to have your qualifications recognized officially by the Government, so you can apply for work here. Please complete this form in English; you might use a translation app such as https://itranslate.com/
Якщо ви маєте освіту для роботи з маленькими дітьми і хотіли би працювати за фахом в Ірландії, заповніть цю коротку форму. Ми організуємо день інформаційної підтримки, де допоможемо вам заповнити форму, щоб ваша кваліфікація була офіційно визнана урядом і ви могли подати заявку на роботу тут. Будь ласка, заповніть цю форму англійською мовою; Ви можете використовувати програму для перекладу, наприклад https://itranslate.com/
Please see link below to the questionnaire:
If you are unsure or have any questions, please contact us on 0667181582 Please note that any queries, job applications or CV’s are to go DIRECTLY to the Service that is recruiting NOT to Kerry CCC ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Job Vacancies in Kerry
Camp Community Childcare Centre would like to welcome applicants to join our experienced and energetic team of Early Years Educators. Camp Childcare CLG offers an exciting place to work, with a positive and nurturing environment, where we provide a high standard of care for all children, families, and staff.
We have 2 job opportunities:
1 Full time Early years Educator – 37.5 hours per week.
1 Part time Early Years Educator – 25 hours per week.
Essential Skills/Qualifications required:
- A professional qualification in Early Childhood Education at a minimum of QQI Level 5 or above on the National Framework of Qualifications of Ireland.
- Experience is desirable, but not necessary as full and comprehensive training will be provided.
- Good communication skills and teamwork is essential.
- Honest, reliable, and flexible.
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
- 22 days annual leave
- Access to continuous professional development
- Employer matching pension scheme
If interested, please forward a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For informal enquiries please contact Carol or Rachel on 066 7130338
Puffins Childcare Firies
We are looking to recruit a Full time childcare assistant and we also have a maternity cover position available to join our growing team and expanding service. We are seeking a fun, energetic, patient creative individual to become part of the Puffins Team.
Experience desirable but training will be provided
Minimum level five qualification
First aid training desirable but not essential
Oak Park Montessori School , Opening September 2022 are delighted to share our upcoming vacancies for the new term ; Open 8.30 to 1.30 daily.
Roles include : Deputy/Assistant Manager – €15.70 per hour (Degree Qualified – 3 Years +experience ) To support the Director working directly with children in addition to their day-to-day managerial duties and responsibilities. They may deputise as the person in charge in the absence of the Director.
Graduate Lead Educators (Room Leaders) €15.50 per hour Degree Qualified – 3 Years +experience ). Role to work directly with children and support the Deputy Manager in the day to day running of the centre.
AIM Support Worker – Level 5 Major ECCE Award ; €13.50 Per hour
Early Years Practitioners -€13 per hour
Please send your CV FAO Caroline Crowley
email@example.com WhatsApp 086-1931650
Little Voyagers Childcare Ardfert
are looking for Childcare practitioner
Hours of Work: Flexible between 07.30/8.00-18.00
Contract type: 1 year
Full time (39 hours/week)
Salary: To be agreed as is dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Ensuring a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual education and care for children placed in the service.
- Support to the other personnel within the childcare service
- Support the Manager with the day-to-day running of the childcare service in terms of administration.
- Support the manager and staff in providing a varied and stimulating programme, which includes curriculum development that meets the needs of the children.
Main Duties: Assist with the organisation and day to day running of the childcare service by developing an effective routine. To be responsible, along with the staff team, for developing and reviewing an effective system of communication between parents and staff.
- To assist the staff team and the Manager with setting and implementing objectives and policies for the childcare service.
- Ensure adult/child interaction is of an excellent standard.
- To assist in formulating a daily routine for the children this offers a wide variety of activities, but allows for flexibility as the situation/occasion/child demands. The activities offered must allow the children to experience creative, imaginative, manipulative, social and physical play. The children should be given the opportunity to play with natural materials and other age appropriate materials and equipment.
- To assist in the preparation of forward planning for each session and ensuring that any preparatory work is carried out and also to ensure progression of play throughout the year. To ensure the play areas are well equipped and ready for the children when they arrive.
- To assess each individual child’s needs within the group and to plan to meet these needs. This will involve listening to, encouraging, stimulating and enabling all children as appropriate in the childcare setting.
- To be responsible for the safety of the children and for the hygiene of the childcare premises/areas.
- To assist in the responsibility for keeping all the childcare records up to date. In association with the Manager, childcare practioners will ensure that all relevant records, policies and guidelines are in place and are being adhered to.
- To comply with TUSLA regulations and other relevant policies and legislation. To remain updated on childcare legislation.
- To encourage the active participation of all parents using the childcare service and to ensure that they are kept fully informed of their child’s overall development and of their group activities.
- To assist the manager in providing support to the childcare team. This will take the form of attending and participating in regular staff meetings, daily debriefings, planning and evaluation sessions.
- To assist manager in supporting volunteers/students on placement in the childcare service.
- To attend regular support and supervision sessions with the Manager.
- Advice the Manager of all matters requiring his/her attention, including duty of care issues, Children’s First issues, breech of policies and procedures, special events, fundraising, outings etc.
- Promoting a positive profile of this childcare service and its work.
- Liaising and networking positively with relevant local, regional and national voluntary, community and statutory agencies/organisations, as required.
- Attend all staff meetings and other relevant meetings and training/courses as directed by the Manager and Board of Management.
- Keep strictly confidential any personal information regarding all service users, their families and/or other circumstances that the childcare practioner learns as part of their day-to-day job. In the interest of child safety the childcare practioner must inform the Manager of any relevant information regarding a service user attending the childcare service.
- Carry out other relevant duties and responsibilities as requested by the Manager and Board of Management.
- Adhere to ALL policies and procedures of Little Voyagers Childcare, including Child Protection, Health & Safety and Confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time
Childcare qualification required.
Please apply through indeed or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 1st of July 2022
**Position available – Maternity Leave Cover Full Time **
Scartaglen Childcare Centre are currently recruiting an Early Years Educator.
Qualification – Minimum Level 5
Level 6 or higher desirable
1 Years Experience in Childcare an advantage
First Aid essential
Knowledge of Síolta and Aistear
Good Communication Skills
Ability to work on own initiative
Garda Vetting will need to be completed
References will be requested
Start date – August 31st 2022
If interested please forward C.V. and Cover Letter by 24th July 2022 to email@example.com or by post to The Manager, Scartaglen Childcare Centre, No 2 Cnoc na Rún, Scartaglen, Killarney, Co.Kerry.
Contact Centre on 0667147962
Name of Service: First Step Childcare
Location: Listry Community Centre, Faha, Killarney
Position: Childcare assistant x 2
Hours: Part Time. Must be available to work afternoon/evening hours.
–Care and education of children of all ages from 6 months-12years.
-General cleaning and upkeep of the childcare centre.
-Record keeping of ongoing developmental observations and curriculum planning.
– To maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment.
– Performing variety of tasks, such as nappy changing, toileting, sterilising, feeding, nap supervision, assisting with homework and engaging in play.
– General assisting all other members of staff where possible.
-Major award in Childcare/Early Years Education at a minimum of FETAC Level 5 and qualification must be on the National Framework of Qualifications of Ireland or an equivalent nationally recognised qualification.
-Candidates must hold an up to date First Aid Certificate, Child Protection Certificate, Manual Handling and be willing to complete a Garda Vetting form.
Method of Application: Email CV and detailed cover letter.
Closing Date: NA
Service Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benin Casa Montessori School is delighted to announce that we are currently hiring for the position of a Montessori Pre-School Communication and Administration Manager
This exciting role in Tralee would suit a professional, creative and caring leader who has a passion for both management and Montessori philosophy. This school has received high accreditations by the governing bodies and aims to always progress and develop child centered education. While the responsibilities have been listed below, this is an evolving role that will change and evolve over time.
The hours are similar to our working school hours and the working space will be located on the school premises.
An attractive salary and package is on offer to the successful candidate.
Minimum educational requirement:
•Minimum of a Level 7 qualification (preferably in childcare but not essential)
•2 years’ experience in a Senior Administrative role
•Excellent IT Skills and experience in managing Online Platforms.
•Excellent communication, decision making and problem solving skills.
Key Responsibilities of the position:
• Manage the childcare team in providing a high quality early childhood service that provides a safe and nurturing environment and promotes the holistic needs of each child attending the service.
• Ensure the Health, Safety and Well-being of all the school members
• Prioritise health and safety as per childcare regulations and HACCP
• Liaise with Túsla Early Years Inspectorate, DES Inspectors and any outside agencies who may be involved with the service in any form
• Manage all book-keeping areas of the school and communicate with school accountant re payroll, holiday pay, sick leave ,absences etc.
• Implement new communication and administrative systems to support the continuous growth and development of the school
• Manage and record current and future enrolment of children continuously and liaise with parents to ensure application process is updated for prospective students
• Communicate with parents via email throughout the year while liaising with School Managers
• Ensure there are adequate school resources available for each classroom and replenish as required
• He/She will have overall responsibility for the daily management and operation of the service, the staff and the children attending the service, and will report directly to the owner on a weekly basis alongside with School Managers
• Ensure that the service adheres to the Childcare Pre-school Regulations
Please email your CV and Cover letter to
Benin Casa Montessori are looking to recruit a Childcare Assistant/Room Leader to join our team. Suitable candidates must hold a minimum Fetac level 6 qualification in childcare or equivalent. This is a part-time position working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 8.30am- 5.00pm. We are also happy to accept applications from students who are in their final year of their level 7 course.
• Relevant qualifications, requires a minimum of FETAC Level 6 Childcare. • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills• A strong desire to work with children in an early-year’s setting and an aptitude for child-centred care provision. • Excellent team worker. • Be Flexible to meet the needs of the organisation. • Fluency in both spoken & written English. •Garda vetting clearance.
• If applying for the classroom assistant role with a level 6 qualification, 1 year’s previous experience preferred but not essential. However, new graduate applications will also be accepted and considered for the classroom assistant role.• Working knowledge of Montessori education Aistear & Síolta programme. • First Aid skills/training.
– AIM support teacher roles are also available to be filled same requirements as above apply
Disclaimer: Please note: Kerry CCC will delete/shred any unsolicited CV’s received either by email or in hard copy. This page is hosted by Kerry CCC. The role is purely as a host, please see contact details for each job vacancy advertised. While the job posts are monitored, we cannot recommend or endorse any entry that has been submitted.